Assalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu
Firstly, we want to thank the community for the overwhelming support to volunteer for the disaster relief activities coordinated by ICNA Relief USA – Dallas. Secondly, we just want to provide an update to the community of our relief activities since yesterday. We also apologize in advance for the long email…
Alhamdulillah, by the blessings of Allah (swt) and the support from the community, ICNA Relief USA – Dallas has taken the lead to bring aid to the affected victims in Garland and Rowlett. Our national coordinators have been working with the local and state relief agencies since yesterday and we still have NOT received a “green light” to send in volunteers at this time. However, today, we were able to visit the areas affected by the Tornadoes in Rowlett, TX. Please see the pictures to get a view of the devastation. May Allah (swt) protect all of us and the brothers and sisters in humanity from severe calamities – Aameen.
We were able to make partnership with three local Churches in Rowlett today – First Christian Church, First Baptist Church, and Church in the City. Our National Relief Team Experts will be on the ground tomorrow and we will be able to make additional partnerships, Insha Allah.
Based on our meetings with the Churches, we have come up with a list of items that we can donate to the tornado victims. Since the need for Food is immediate, ICNA Relief Dallas is going to dedicate some funds to purchase food for the victims and bring it to them tomorrow. We also need help from the community to collect the following items:
- Hygiene Kit – Make 1 Ziploc bag of Tooth Brush, Tooth Paste, Shampoo, and Body wash (Travel Size items). Provide as many packs as possible, Insha Allah.
- Bathroom Items – Toilet Paper, Paper Towel, Bath Towel, and Hand Towel.
- Household Items – Sheets, Pillows, Ziploc Bags (Sandwich Size), and Aluminum Foil,
- Survival Items – Tarps, Flashlights, Batteries, Work Gloves, Blankets, Socks, and Skull Caps
- Cleaning Supplies – Mop Buckets, Heavy Duty Trash Bags, Clorox Wipes, Toilet Cleaners, Brushes, and Rubber Gloves
- Children Supplies – Diapers (Newborn and Pull Ups sizes only please)
- Other Items – Rakes, Shovels, and Plastic Containers (Large and Medium)
Alhamdulillah, we have established collection centers at the following Masajid in the DFW area and we are working with more Masajid as well:
- Brighter Horizons Academy (BHA) Musallah, Garland, TX.
- East Plano Islamic Center (EPIC), Plano, TX
- Islamic Association of Collin County (IACC), Plano, TX
- Islamic Association of North Texas (IANT), Richardson, TX
- MAS Islamic Center, Richardson, TX
- Mesquite Islamic Center, Mesquite, TX
We request the community members to drop off the requested items at the Masajid and our local Relief Team will pick them, pack them, and deliver them to the Churches and other relief agencies, Insha Allah. The first pick up will be done this Thursday evening or Friday morning. You can continue to donate after this day and we can pick them up. However, a quicker response from our community can help save lives, Insha Allah. If you’d like to donate money instead, you can donate at:
Once our national team has had a chance to assess the repair and other needs, we will be able to bring volunteers to the affected areas to begin cleaning and repair work. Please be patient until then and continue to send your volunteer requests to email@example.com and also fill out this form:
We would like thank the entire DFW Muslim Community for placing your trust on ICNA Relief Dallas to coordinate this relief effort on your behalf and we are thankful for it, Alhamdulillah. If you have any questions about the relief efforts, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team members will respond, Insha Allah.